Curriculum Continued Part 2
During the course of a writing career spanning four decades, I have written hundreds of columns, stories, features, interviews and reviews for a long list of newspapers and magazines, including Modern Recording magazine, Sound Arts Merchandising Journal, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Creative Loafing Atlanta, Connect Savannah, South magazine, Harvard Lampoon, and others.
- I am the author of four books:
- Great Balls of Fire: The Uncensored Story of Jerry Lee Lewis (Morrow, 1982)
- Behind the Moss Curtain and Other Great Savannah Stories (Bonaventure, 2001)
- When Elvis Meets the Dalai Lama (Bonaventure, 2003)
- Tech's Luck: The Story of Georgia Tech Coach Jim Luck (Continental Shelf, 2005)
Additionally, I have finished Ghosts: What They Is and What They Haint, which has not been published yet. Among my other unpublished works is Who Killed Elvis Presley?, with Dr. George Nichopoulos; a biography of professional wrestler Harley Race; From Pompons to Porn: The Gail Palmer Story; and Rap City In Blue.
I have contributed photographs and anecdotes to a long list of books and other publications, including:
- Twelve Days On the Road: The Sex Pistols and America by Noel Monk
- Jerry Lee Lewis: Rockin' My Life Away by Jimmy Guterman
- Elvis: The Secret Files by John Parker
- Elvis Aaron Presley by Alanna Nash
- The Death of Elvis by Charles Thompson
- Here Comes the Sun: The Spiritual and Musical Journey of George Harrison by Joshua Greene
- Haunted Savannah by James Caskey
- Savannah Shadows by Tobias McGriff
- Whole Lotta Shakin' by J. W. Brown
- Troy's Miracles by Terry Rambo
I have produced several television shows for PBS, The History Channel and The Travel Channel, mostly about haunted Savannah, including the award winning programs Southern Haunts and Phantoms of History.
In 2000, I launched Bonaventure Books, the largest independent book publishing house in the Lowcountry, with a dozen active titles.
Brad Pitt bought a script written by Terrence Malick based on my biography of Jerry Lee Lewis in 2007, with the intention of rebooting Great Balls of Fire one of these days.
- I am a member in good standing of the following organizations:
- The Lions Club of Savannah
- The Knights of Columbus
- The Order of Alhambra
- The Savannah St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee Adjutant Staff
- The Fenian Society
- The Shenanigans Society
- The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist Usher Staff
- Sacred Heart Church